Friday 30 December 2011

Fishtail braids how to

The most viewed post of mine is one that shows french plaits/braids therfore I thought I woould do a similar post on Fishtail braids which is another type of braid that people often are not aware of how to do.
Below I have explained how to do the braids in the simplest way I can. I have also put on some pictures of fishtail braids that I think look very impressive. I have worn this look on several occasions and even though it does take longer than the usual three parted braid it does look much more complicated and it is in my opinion easier to do. It looks best I think as a side braid and messy on top so that it doesnt look too "done". They could also been done with much smaller sections rather than being done with all of the hair.

Heres how to do it,
  • Unlike the usual braid it only needs two sections of hair rather than three. This is another thing that makes it easier.
  • After you have seperated your hair into two main sections you simply gather a very small part from one of the two main sections for this example from the left and pull it over to the other main right section.
  • This is then repeated but from right side over to the left side, so a small part is taken from the right side and put over to be part of the left side.
  • This is repeated untill all of the hair has been crossed you shall see the pattern start to form. This can also been seen in the insturction image shown below.
A picture I found with a messy parting
Celebs also love this look like Vanessa Hudgens

A way to wear the braid without using all of your hair

A picture I found from the website (stated bottom left) showing how to do the braid

No comments:

Post a Comment