Monday 23 January 2012

The Messy Ponytail

I have been experimenting with my hair a bit more recently (hence the amount of hair posts I have done) and one of the looks that I have come to like is the really messy ponytail.
This look is one that people either love or hate. It has a really undone look about it that some people find hard to like. I however love the undone look so the messier and the more fly-aways, the better!
To give a ponytail texture you could use styling tools or other products but I find that the best way is to simply plait your hair overnight to make it slightly wavy and slightly frizzy. This gives you natural easy texture that takes no effort at all! You could spray with hairspray however, if your scared it will go flat.
I think that this look is great with little make-up, and with or without bangs.
Here are some pictures I have found that influenced me into trying the look.

Sienna Miller with light blonde locks
A very messy side ponytail.
The lovely Karen Gillan
 (this picture was the one that really inspired me!)
Jennifer Lopez (this is a bad quality photo but I had to show it)
A backstage photo from Lela Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment