Thursday 13 February 2014

Feather Accessory



My post today is about feather hair accessories. I got the main inspiration for the feather hair accessory from the music video for 'I hate this part' by the Pussycat Dolls which I have featured in a post before. I have made my own version which I wore a lot in the summer months.
 
 
What you will need to make the feather hair accessory:
  • Feathers! Any type of feathers but preferably large ones and different to your hair colour!
  • A chain the length of your hair, this could be one recycled from an old necklace which is what I chose.
  • little clasps as shown in the close up image, these cost me £1 from a sewing shop for 10 (They really don't break the bank!)
  • A hair grip or clip, I chose a grip that slotted nicely into the last link on the chain


All you have to do is fasten the small clasps to the feathers by bending in the sides. Then slightly open one of the links (where you want the feather) on the chain and slot the clasp into the link and close again.
After this you can slot a grip into the last link on the chain or use a large link to fasten a clip to the chain either works fine.
And that's it! now you can grip it to your hair underneath behind your ear so that it will hang down and show like Nicole Scherzinger's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment