Tuesday 7 February 2012

Nautical Style - Marilyn's way

The nautical trend is "on the horizon" once again for 2012 and instead of looking at the new way to wear it I thought I would go back in time and look at the way Marylin wore the trend.
She actually wore clothes and shoes that look very modern and look similar to those on offer at the moment. She has the chunky heels that are very much a hit right now and the most obvious nautical stripe pattern. Her pictures are truly vintage and this is also something that designers try to immitate in their own creations. Therefore I thought the best way to look for inspiration is to go right back to the true fashionista Marilyn Monroe.
I am fully aware of the amount of posts I have done on her but she really is an icon not to be forgotten in a hurry!
 
This is the essence of Nautical!
I love this shot she looks perfect and I like her auburn hair.
In her chunky heels.
A younger Marilyn in a white dungarees.

No comments:

Post a Comment